Join the Club: The Sarah Whitaker Club

0
445

New to SFU? Missed clubs day? Finding it hard to make friends? Running out of pills to combat the crippling loneliness? Well I’ll bet there’s a club that can keep you from collapsing into a puddle of self-loathing! JOIN THE CLUB is a new feature on some of SFU’s lesser known clubs!

This week we highlight . . .

The Sarah Whitaker Club!

Founded last semester, the Sarah Whitaker club is by far the pre-eminent source for the discussion, appreciation, and all things related to second-year communications major, Sarah Whitaker.
Club founder, president, and sole member Randall Cowen told The Peak, “I started the club because I noticed that there wasn’t really any place on campus where people could meet up to discuss why Sarah was wearing her blue hoodie today instead of her red one, or just leisurely chat about the flawlessness of her skin this morning.
The fledgling club, despite its lack of recruitment, sees quite a bit of activity and now boasts the largest collection of photos taken of a person without their knowledge in North America. Cowen foresees future growth in the summer, with such hard hitting issues being tackled as “who was that guy that stayed over until ‘after midnight,” and “if he touches one perfect hair on her head, I will gut him like a fish.”
See Randall? We printed your article, just like the note said. Now, please, just turn yourself in. Things can’t go back to way they used to be, but we know people wh can help you.

– Gary Lim