Nobody unfreezes pizza like my Nonna, okay? Nobody.

0
447

Let me start out by making things completely clear. This pizza you served me is wonderful and I really appreciate it. You are not a bad cook at all. The way you slid this pre-made dish in the oven was outstanding, but I’m just saying that my Nonna unfreezes pizza like no one else.

Honestly, she’s from the old country (Edmonton) and they just know how to do it better there. She has a certain je-ne-sais-quoi to her broiling technique and she cools it down for just the right amount of time.

I’ve tried to replicate her technique at home, but I just can’t do it. She won’t tell anyone her secret. I think it’s got to be the temperature settings and how long she keeps it in the oven. She’s figured out the perfect time in between 14 and 17 minutes, I know that, I just don’t know what it is!

Don’t get me wrong, your pizza was unfrozen pretty well but it’s just like comparing an authentic Safeway-brand frozen vegetable bag to a Save-on-foods frozen vegetable bag. Yours just isn’t the real deal, you know?

You’ve really got to come over and try her pizza sometime. She buys the thin-crust version, just like they thaw-out in Italy! It’ll change your life, seriously it’s that good.

Oh, and for dessert she might even make her famous Dr. Oetker Tiramisu. She follows the instructions on that package like no one else! I’m telling you, the best!

I know a lot of people might think this about their grandmother’s cooking but my Nonna really does make the best food.

No one heats up a Hungryman quite like she does. I could study the culinary arts for my whole life and I still wouldn’t be able to toast an Eggo waffle like she does.

I’ve got to say the only cooking of hers that I don’t enjoy is when she makes something from scratch. God, her ‘Spinelli family rice casserole’ tastes awful. But still that pizza she unfreezes is like nothing else. I’m telling you, it’s just the best. There’s nothing quite like it.