Satellite Signals

0
419

Woodward’s

The world is evolving and facing a time of severe climate change, a rise in sea levels, and an increase in extreme weather and environmental disasters. Join Ian Angus as he launches his new book Facing the Anthropocene: Fossil Capitalism and the Crisis of the Earth System. Angus will discuss how our world will change and evolve through the Anthropocene period, and what we can do to improve the increasing dangers that our planet is facing. This event is free and will take place on September 15 at 7 p.m. in the Djavad Mowafaghian World Art Centre.

SFU Surrey

Have a passion for city planning and community involvement? The SFU Surrey-Central City Student Community Engagement Competition is back! This competition asks students to enter various projects and ideas to increase engagement throughout the Surrey neighbourhood. Students can enter alone or in teams for a chance to win $2,000–$3,000 in prizes. Enter online by October 12.

Harbour Centre

Join the exciting roundtable at SFU Harbour Centre on September 16 at 7:30 p.m. discussing  the growth of right-wing populism in Western countries. Speakers include professors from the Spanish-American literature department at UBC as well as SFU’s humanities and liberal studies departments respectively, who will discuss the reasoning behind the far-right’s influence on the Western world. Scholars will explore topics including neoliberal policies and the migration crisis. This lecture will take place in room 7000.