Sports Briefs

0
405
Mackenzie Hamill was named to theCollegeSwimming.com’s Division II Pre-Season All-America team off the back of last year's strong season.

Women’s Field Hockey

SFU women’s field hockey have announced that John Smythe will be their head coach for the upcoming season. Smythe was a former member of the Canadian national men’s field hockey team.

Women’s Soccer

SFU was held to a scoreless draw against the Cal State LA Golden Eagles on Thursday night. The draw leaves the Clan unbeaten through their first two games of the season. Monpreet Heer led SFU with four shots on goal, while goalkeeper Priya Sandhu saved three shots.

Volleyball

The volleyball team beat San Francisco State in straight sets in the first game of the D2 West Region Volleyball Showcase. Emma Jennings and Devon May led the team with 10 kills each. The Clan will play their first home game of the season this Wednesday against defending GNAC champions Western Washington.

Swimming

SFU swimmers Lauren Swistak, Mackenzie Hamill, and Adrian Vanderelm have all been named to CollegeSwimming.com’s Division II Pre-Season All-America team. Hamill won the national title in the 1,650 freestyle last season. Swistak broke the SFU all-time record in the 200 freestyle, and Vanderhelm had the fifth fastest time in Division II history in the 500 freestyle.