Posted in News, SFSS Elections, Top News

Election Special: Candidate Profiles

Another year, another SFSS election

While you can check page eight of our print edition this week for the candidate profiles, we've also compiled them online for you right here.
Image Credits: Alexa Tarrayo

The Simon Fraser Student Society (SFSS) is a student-led organization that represents and advocates for interests of the 25,000-plus undergraduate students at SFU. The SFSS is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by students every spring semester to serve a one-year term. In addition to managing the day-to-day work of the society, the SFSS helps organize events on campus; advocates on matters to do with tuition fees, transit, and other student issues; manages food and beverage services, including the Highland Pub and the Higher Grounds coffee shop; and makes large-scale financial decisions that affect student life on campus.

We at The Peak asked each candidate to answer three questions and provide us with a photo of themselves so that students could get to know a little more about them, and help them in making an informed decision during the vote. The Peak does not edit or proofread candidate platforms. Each was given a 500-word limit which was due at noon on Friday, March 17, 2017. All copy is printed as received. To find out more about the candidates of each position, please click the link below.

Voting occurs from March 27-30.

Good luck to all the candidates, and please vote SFU.