The Peak Publications Society is a registered non-profit society under the B.C. Societies Act that publishes this web site and the print version of The Peak. We are governed by a Constitution.
The Society is governed by a Board of Directors, which is currently made up of:
- Max Hill, EIC
- Nathan Ross, Collective Representative
- Jessica Whitesel, Collective Representative
- Jessica Pickering, Employee Representative, Chair of the Board
- Russell Copley, At-Large Representative
- Nikki Dumrique, At-Large Representative
- Maia Odegaard, Secretary of the Board (non-voting)
You can find agendas and minutes from Board meetings here.
You can contact the Board of Directors by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Board has approved the following policies which may be of interest:
- Contributor Pay Policy
This policy outlines who is eligble for pay, how much each piece is worth, and when contributors should invoice.
- Copyright Policy
This policy outlines that all contributors retain the copyright to their pieces with some exceptions.
- Editorial Process Policy
This outlines how the paper gets made.
- Staff Writer Policy
This policy outlines how contributors become staff writers, their benefits, and how to maintain the title.
- Editor-in-Chief Policy
This policy outlines the basic qualifications of the EIC and how they will be elected