Irresponsible child lets bedbugs bite

0
431

A child was awoken late last night with significant sores on his back after he foolishly allowed himself to be bitten by bedbugs despite being warned repeatedly not to let them bite.

Joey Foreman, who is nearly six-and-a-half and really should know better, is now having to deal with the repercussions of his actions according to his disappointed parents. 

“We tell him every night to not let the bedbugs bite and he never listens,” his mother Sheryl told The Peak. “Maybe now he’ll think twice before ignoring us and just sleeping carefree and happily.”

Sheryl explained that Joey had continually let his guard down at night, going to sleep without taking proper safety precautions and, as a result, was bitten by the bugs.

“‘I think he thought we were just kidding or something, he’d always just laugh and say ‘good night’ instead of agreeing to ward them off,” she continued. “He got lucky for the first couple years that we didn’t have much of an infestation problem, but now he’s facing reality.

“He’s got to know that part of growing up is conquering bedbugs and not just letting them crawl all over you and then take as many bites as they want to.”

While Joey might have believed that the sores were enough of a punishment, his parents say they are also banning TV for a week to teach him a strict lesson for not doing as he was told.

In response, Joey has issued the public statement that “It’s not fair.”