Think you know vaginas pretty well? Or maybe you don’t know that much, but are interested in learning a few things? Take our quiz and test your knowledge. Answers are at the bottom of the page — no cheating, though!
Q1: Can vaginas get erections?
Q2: How many sensory nerves does a clitoris have?
Q3: How many different kinds of orgasms can someone with a vagina have?
- It’s impossible to tell
- Women don’t orgasm
Q4: Vaginal discharge includes a substance called squalene. Where else is this substance found?
- In root vegetables like potatoes
- Shark livers
- Nowhere — only individuals with vaginas can make this substance!
Q5: How often should someone clean their vagina with soap and water?
- Once a week
- Every day
- As much as they feel it is needed
- Not really needed: vaginas are self-cleaning, and soap should be avoided
Q6: What is the life expectancy of pubic hair on the vulva?
- One month
- Three weeks
- It keeps growing until it’s trimmed
- Three months
Q7: Is vaginal weightlifting a real sport?
- Yes it is! You can lift a lot with a vagina
- No this isn’t a thing, vaginal muscles can’t lift
Q8: What part of the body does urine come from?
- The vaginal opening
- The glans
- The labia
- The urethra
Q9: What are Kegel exercises?
- A fitness routine that aids blood circulation in the vaginal area
- Stretches for the female crotch
- The squeezing of pelvic floor muscles
- A sex position
Q10: What does vagina translate (roughly) to in Latin?
- Sword holder
- Canal or river
TALLY YOUR SCORE!
7–10 : Gynaecologist extraordinaire
Wow, you know your stuff!
4–6 : You know the basics
It seems like you’re familiar with vaginas, but you could always stand to learn a little more!
1–3 : You might want to do some research
It’s OK that you aren’t that familiar with vaginas, but we should all strive to understand bodies more! This is the perfect opportunity to expand your knowledge.
Answers:1-A, 2-B, 3-A (clitoral, vaginal, blended, multiple), 4-C, 5-D, 6-B, 7-A (the most a woman has ever lifted with her vagina is 31 pounds!), 8-D, 9-C, 10-B (sadly, even the word vagina has a misogynistic connotation.)